Sunday, February 13, 2011
Easy Halloween Costume: Zombie Attack Hoodie
You've heard my rantings and ravings about lazy people who wait to get their Halloween costume in order 'til the day of.
Well here's a tip for the lazy: order this now, and you'll be ready and timeless for Halloweens to come.
Those brilliant folk over at ThinkGeek.com have come up with another "why didn't I think of that?" winner.
The Zombie Attack Hoodie Sweatshirt.
Part practical piece of clothing (Who doesn't need a sweatshirt?), part all-in-one costume (No mess, no fuss!), part ironic wink to fellow horror buffs and movie geeks (Look! I get it! I'm cool!) the Zombie Attack Hoodie Sweatshirt has numerous features that make it PFA: pretty friggin' awesome.
Let's start at the front:
1) The front features a splash bloodstain around the neck that drips down the top of the zip.
2) The zipper pull (which you can't see in the photos but is mentioned in the description) is a silver Bio-hazard symbol.
3) Two slash marks right below the right pectoral. Maybe a zombie? Maybe a zombie wolverine? Who can tell? So many zombies... so few bullets, right?
4) Bloody finger marks around the sides... as if a shambler didn't go down with the shotgun blast to the kneecaps and continued clawing at you from the ground. Creepy.
5) The inside of the hood seems to be a dark red and squiggle pattern that I can only assume looks like your brains are hanging out the back of your head when the hood is down. Dis-gus-ting.
6) The left arm has a white bandage around it with some bleed-through. Any observer can see that those are teeth marks... and any zombie aficionado knows that once bitten, you ain't got long...
6) One big diagonal laceration down the back showing ripped fabric, ripped flesh and a little bit of spine. Oof. You oughta get that looked at, dude.
7) There's a bloody bit of exposed brain on the back/top of the hood. Think good thoughts. I'm sure you'll be fine.
As you can see it's an all-in-one costume. Just grab your prop weapon or sporting good of choice (axe, machine gun, croquet mallet, etc.) and you're ready to go.
The hoodie itself is charcoal gray and made up of 100% cotton so (per the advice on ThinkGeek) buy bigger if you're one to shrink your clothes.
If you're one of the lazy: for $60 you get a done-deal. Order it now and wear it for the big shindig in October. You'll look like you know what you're doing and people will praise you on your planning and attention to detail.
Shhhh... it'll be our little secret...
Click HERE to order your own Zombie Attack Hoodie!